Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
India's cricket captain Virat Kohli says the match against Afghanistan was important as it taught the team many lessons. The Indian team got a bit of a shock at the World Cup 2019 after they won narrowly by 11 runs against the inexperienced Afghanistan.
India's batting line-up, which is much praised, managed to score just 224 runs and nearly did not defend this small total. Kohli said while things did not go according to plan against Afghanistan, India can take some heart from the narrow victory.
It's an honour for everyone to represent their country in the World Cup. This game was way more important to be honest as I said it didn't go as plan. But when things don't go your way, you need to show some character and bounce back and fight till the last ball and that shows the character of the team,. We take a lot of heart from this win and take the confidence going forward. - Virat Kohli, India cricket captain
India have won all the matches so far. Their first three wins were against much tougher teams with relatively larger margins. After the win over over Afghanistan, India are now in the third spot with four matches to play.
India will take on West Indies in Manchester on 27 June.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 19, 2019 One conviction in high profile murder of UK teen in Goa
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 19, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News