Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
June 25, 2019
Last week, the State Department of United States of America conducted a study in which India was found to be one of the countries with highest religious intolerance and mob attacks on minorities. Though the central government denied the reports, it has turned out to be true. In a shocking incident, a 24 year old man Shams Tabrez from Jharkhand was beaten up by a mob alleging that he stole a motorcycle. Tabrez was made to chant Hindu religious hymns during his entire ordeal. Reportedly, he was beaten up for over seven hours without any proof of stealing the motorcycle. Tabrez succumbed to his injuries almost four days after the attack. Police arrested five people in connection to the case, and one person is absconding. Two police officials have been suspended for delaying action in the case.
This is the pattern with almost all lynchings. First, a Muslim is murdered by cow lovers. Then the most ridiculous excuses begin: a ‘suspicion’ of beef possession, theft, smuggling & love jihad So much for sabka vishwas when we can be killed over mere ‘suspicions’-Asaduddin Owaisi, President, All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen
According to reports, Tabrez and his friends were going back home when he was attacked barely 5kms away from his home. His relatives alleged that no one came to his help. After the attack, Tabrez was taken to the police station where his relatives were denied permission to meet him for over four days. He was later taken to the hospital where he was declared brought dead after days in police custody. The police had denied proper treatment to Tabrez who was reportedly in coma for many hours.
Video of the brutal attack against Tabrez is doing the rounds on social media. The horrific incident will leave any viewer in shock. Tabrez's family has demanded for speedy justice. The incident has sparked national outrage.
“24-year old Shams Tabrez in Jharkhand tortured & beaten by a mob for hours, made to chant 'Jai Shri Ram' - and eventually died of his injuries. Is this blood-drenched slaughterhouse, then, my country?, tweeted Kavita Krishnan, Secretary, All India Progressive Women’s Association.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Society for Empowerment of Deafblind aims to make the community aware of its rights
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Sachin is sixth Indian cricket Hall of Fame
- Headlines July 21, 2019 Sheila Dixit passes away at the age of 81
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News