Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has always come out openly at various occasions to attack Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It took a worst turn during Lok Sabha election campaigns and Banerjee does not seen to be stopping soon. 25 June marks the day when former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi started the emergency in the year 1975. The period that lasted for nearly two years witnessed many atrocities inside the country where thousands of people were killed. Banerjee took a dig at Modi and said that India has been undergoing Super Emergency since the past five years under Modi’s rule.
Today is the anniversary of the #Emergency declared in 1975. For the last five years, the country went through a ‘Super Emergency’. We must learn our lessons from history and fight to safeguard the democratic institutions in the country-Mamata Banerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal
Modi and Banerjee, even after Lok Sabha elections, have engaged in tug of words openly showing their indifferences between each other. Members of Modi’s BJP and Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress engaged in fights over last two months.
Many social media users including Union Minister Prakash Javadekar lashed back at Banerjee for her comments. People pointed out that West Bengal has also been witnessing political unrest and communal riots after Banerjee came into power.
Narendra Modi, who was elected as Prime Minister of India in 2014 was re-elected after a massive and historic win in the last Lok Sabha elections. Modi recently sworn-in as the Prime Minister of one of world’s largest democracy for the next five years.
“Can some one wake up Didi @MamataOfficial... General Elections are over & results came.. Tell her that Shri @narendramodi ji is people's choice as PM, tweeted GKP.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News