87-year old Indian cricket fan wins over internet
July 4, 2019
The match played between India and Bangladesh on Tuesday was special as it led to India entering the semifinals of the 2019 World Cup.
The game had some very memorable moments and kept the fans thrilled throughout the match.
87-year old fan Charulata Patel become one of the highlights of the game and her energy won over hearts on internet.
Charulata Patel was seen cheering for the Indian team at the stadium with a colorful plastic horn in her hands, wearing a tricolor scarf, while sitting in a wheelchair. Her enthusiasm soon caught on with everyone around her making her an internet sensation.
"I have been watching cricket for last many decades...Earlier, I used to watch on TV when I was working, but now that I am retired I watch it live," she said.
India did go on to win the match by 28 runs and thus qualified for the semifinals with 11 points. Team captain Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma met Charulata Patel after the match and sought her blessings for future matches.
Virat shared images on twitter and tweeted,Also would like to thank all our fans for all the love & support & especially Charulata Patel ji. She's 87 and probably one of the most passionate & dedicated fans I've ever seen. Age is just a number, passion takes you leaps & bounds. With her blessings, on to the next one.
Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra has offered to sponsor tickets of upcoming team India matches for Charulata Patel.
The semifinal matches of the 2019 ICC World Cup will be played on 9 July and 11 July while the final match will be on 14 July.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 24, 2019 PM Modi talks about 'New India' at France
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Singer Mika apologizes to nation
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 13, 2019
Headlines August 14, 2019
Headlines August 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News