Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja angered by unkind comments
July 6, 2019
India all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja is angered by the criticism from former India batsman Sanjay Manjrekar. Jadeja took to Twitter to express his rage over Manjrekar's remarks ahead of the game against Bangladesh.
When Team India batting coach Sanjay Bangar hinted that the team might field Jadeja against Bangladesh, Manjrekar said that he is not a big fan of bits and pieces players like Ravindra Jadeja to a news agency.
I am not a big fan of bits and pieces players which Jadeja is at this point of his career in 50-over cricket. In Test matches, he is a pure bowler. But in 50-over cricket, I would rather have a batsman and a spinner. - Sanjay Manjrekar, Former India batsman
Jadeja did not like this and asked Manjrekar to respect people who have achieved something. "Still I have played twice the number of matches you have played and I'm still playing. Learn to respect people who have achieved. i have heard enough of your verbal diarrhoea".
Jadeja has not been in the playing eleven so far in the ongoing World Cup 2019 for India. However, he has been terrific as a fielder and remains one of India’s important members across the formats. He has proved his mettle in both Tests and limited-overs cricket.
Jadeja, who came in as a substitute for the injured Shikhar Dhawan, took an amazing catch to dismiss Australia's Glenn Maxwell, helping India beat the team easily. His efforts were praised by many on social media.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Employment July 19, 2019 India Fort in Kerala to offer youngsters with intellectual disabilities platform to showcase talents
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Heavy rain alert in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News