Hima Das wins gold for India at Poznan Athletics
July 6, 2019
Indian athletes have started off well at the Poznan athletics. Sprinter Hima Das clocked 23.65 seconds to win the women’s 200 metres gold in running at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland. Hima, who is the world junior champion and national record holder already has the credit of 23.10 seconds in 200 metres which she won last year. With her new record, Hima has shown that she is truly unstoppable. Nicknamed as Dhing Express for her speed, Hima truly is an inspiration.
Congratulations to Hima Das for winning the women's 200m Gold, & to Tajinder Pal Singh Toor for winning the Bronze in shot put at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix. This is shaping up to be a fantastic year for Indian sportsmen!-Shama Mohamed, Congress Leader.
Hima was in the news over the last few months due to her back problem with which she has been struggling for a while now. But this youngster has beaten all obstacles to come out successful and bring laurels to India. This is Hima’s first competitive race of the year. Tenjinderpal Singh Toor managed to get a bronze for shot-put at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix. Athletes VK Vismaya bagged a third in race whereas Muhammad Anas won a third place in the men’s 200 metres race.
Social media was flooded with messages congratulating Hima and her achievements.
“Again Hima Das prove that she will not stop , and earning Gold Medal in Poznan Grand Prix athletics championship at Poland which is a paramount pride thing for an Indian. Thank you Hima Das for your incomparable efforts to hold India in a place from where all people can see it, tweeted Hemanta Dhungel.
“Hima Das wins GOLD* in 200m sprint at Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland!! Proud moment for India, tweeted Madan Lal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Heavy rain alert in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News