Finance Minister presents Budget - Key highlights
July 5, 2019
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is presenting the first budget of the second term of the Narendra Modi government. This is the first budget for Sitharaman, who is the second woman finance minister after Indira Gandhi.
Here are the key announcements so far:
- India will become a $3 trillion economy in 2019. For this, there is heavy investment needed in infrastructure, digital economy, job creation.
- More women-led initiatives promised. One woman in every self help group will also be made eligible for a loan of Rs 1 lakh under Mudra scheme.
- Relaxation in FDI norms for some sectors such as media, aviation, insurance, and single brand retail with a view to attract more overseas investment.
- By 2022, every single rural family will have electricity, clean cooking facility.
- Pension benefit for traders, shopkeepers with sales less than Rs 1.5 crore per annum.
- One nation, one grid for electricity, one gas grid, one water grid and regional airports will be the backbone of business activity.
- Massive improvement in all forms of physical connectivity through trade corridors.
- India will become open defecation free by 2 October 2019.
- Study in India programme to bring foreign students in India.
- Special TV programme to exclusively cater to the Indian startups.
- Aadhaar card for NRIs with Indian passports after their arrival in India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Society for Empowerment of Deafblind aims to make the community aware of its rights
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Australia refuses entry to Kerala Catholic priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News