Deaf supermodel wins top TV dance reality show in the US
Deaf supermodel Nyle DiMarco and dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd have won the Season 22 Dancing with the Stars title.
DiMarco, well known as an advocate for the deaf community, had been crowned Season 22 America’s Next Top Model in 2015. He said that he was ready to take the world by storm and have them say, ‘deaf people can dance'.
The couple did a tango to a hit song and all the judges gave their dance 30 out of 30.
One of the judges praised Dim Arco’s 'beautiful heart' in sign language and called it the best dance in the history of the show.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019