Deaf supermodel wins top TV dance reality show in the US
May 27, 2016
Deaf supermodel Nyle DiMarco and dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd have won the Season 22 Dancing with the Stars title.
DiMarco, well known as an advocate for the deaf community, had been crowned Season 22 America's Next Top Model in 2015. He said that he was ready to take the world by storm and have them say, 'deaf people can dance'.
The couple did a tango to a hit song and all the judges gave their dance 30 out of 30.
One of the judges praised Dim Arco's 'beautiful heart' in sign language and called it the best dance in the history of the show.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News