Deaf supermodel wins top TV dance reality show in the US
May 27, 2016
Deaf supermodel Nyle DiMarco and dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd have won the Season 22 Dancing with the Stars title.
DiMarco, well known as an advocate for the deaf community, had been crowned Season 22 America's Next Top Model in 2015. He said that he was ready to take the world by storm and have them say, 'deaf people can dance'.
The couple did a tango to a hit song and all the judges gave their dance 30 out of 30.
One of the judges praised Dim Arco's 'beautiful heart' in sign language and called it the best dance in the history of the show.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News