29 dead, 17 hurt in U.P bus accident
July 9, 2019
In a shocking incident, a government run sleeper coach bus fell into a drain at the Yamuna Expressway killing 29 people and injuring over 17 others. According to reports, the accident happened after the driver slept off. The bus fell into a 50 feet large drain after skidding off from the expressway which connects Noida and Agra. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered for a detailed enquiry into the accident. Many people took to social media to express their condolences, including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Pained by the bus accident in Agra, Uttar Pradesh. Condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones. I pray that those injured recover fast. The State Government and local administration are providing all possible assistance to the affected-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
Adityanath has also announced Rs 5 lakh compensation to families of those who died in the accident. He has also asked concerned authorities to look at solutions to prevent such accidents. Officials have warned people to be cautious when they drive late night or early morning at highways and other roads.
“Deepest condolences to the bereaved families of those who lost their lives in the dreadful bus accident on the Yamuna Expressway earlier today. Hoping the injured get the best medical assistance for a timely recovery!, tweeted TS Singh Deo, Cabinet Minister from Chhattisgarh.
“Deeply saddened to hear about the bus accident off the Yamuna Expressway near Agra. My condolences to the bereaved families and wish a speedy recovery to the injured, tweeted Hamsa Devineni.
The government is going to impose a fine on drivers who cross the speed limit on main roads.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Karnataka trust vote adjourned to Monday
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News