Karnataka political crisis intensifies
July 10, 2019
The one-year-old Congress-Janata Dal coalition government in Karnataka is a fragile state after yet another Independent MLA quit and pledged support to the BJP. This has taken the total number of resignations since last week to 15.
All 15 rebel MLAs have been shifted to Goa from the Mumbai hotel where they have been staying. This is after Youth Congress workers started protests outside the hotel where they were staying. The Congress has accused the BJP of engineering this rebellion, charges that the BJP has denied.
It has become their (Congress) nature to allege anybody for their failure. Their MLAs have submitted their resignations to the Governor. We are monitoring the situation and will decide accordingly. - Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister
In the meantime, senior Congress leaders in Karnataka are trying to resolve the crisis. Karnataka Congress President Dinesh Gundu Rao told the media, "I am confident that the government will survive and government will stay. That I am confident about".
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy also told the media, "This is unconstitutional, it is the work of the BJP high command. The government will survive".
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Karnataka trust vote adjourned to Monday
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News