Hello Bhavna, Is a UDID card useful for people with disability in India? I have a disability certificate.
July 10, 2019
Thank you for writing to us. The government has launched the scheme to issue UDID card or Unique Disability ID Card to all the disabled persons in the country.
The aim of UDID is to provide a single document that can be used for identification by people with disabilities and is valid across the country. To know more about the UDID card and its registration process visit the website: http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/cms/know-more-about-udid
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Employment July 19, 2019 India Fort in Kerala to offer youngsters with intellectual disabilities platform to showcase talents
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Adults with Autism
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna May 29, 2019
Hi Bhavna, I am 40 years old and have spina bifida from birth. My lower body is affected. I found out about wheelchair cricket from YouTube and am excited that this is played in India. I want to play too. I have an athletic build and have been playing cricket for 20 years with friends. Can you help me with some contacts? Thanks. Amar Krishna.
Newz Hook - Accessible News