India-New Zealand match enters reserve day
July 10, 2019
The semifinal match between India and New Zealand was interrupted due to rains yesterday. The semi-final will continue on the reserve day that is today.
New Zealand won the toss and decided to bat first. The team made 211 runs at the loss of 5 wickets in 46.1 over. The innings had to be stopped due to heavy rains at the at Old Trafford stadium.
If New Zealand does not bat today, India will need to chase 237 in 47 overs. However, if the overs are reduced then the target will be 223 runs in 40 overs.
"In the event of poor weather for example, steps will be taken to be able to finish the match that day e.g. reducing the number of overs down to the minimum of 20 overs per team needed to achieve a result, or by extending the match by up to 120 min. If there is still no result on the scheduled match day, play will continue on the Reserve Day, using the same start time and hours of play as the scheduled match day. The reserve day will be a continuation not a restart, assuming play commenced on the original match day, meaning the score from the original match day will be carried through to the reserve day," tweeted BCCI
Earlier the league match between India and New Zealand had also washed out due to the bad weather.
“So the two-day international semi- finals to resume tomorrow. India will be happy with this compared to a curtailed game. #IndvNZ,” tweeted former cricketer Mohammad Kaif.
England and defending champions Australia will face each other in seminal 2 tomorrow.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Sachin is sixth Indian cricket Hall of Fame
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Adults with Autism
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News