Kangana faces boycott threat from media
July 11, 2019
Bollywood star Kangana Ranaut is in the midst of a controversy. Just days after she had a heated argument with a journalist, a delegation from the Entertainment Journalists' Guild of India told producer Ekta Kapoor that they would boycott the actress.
The delegation has demanded an apology from Kangana as well as Ekta, who is the producer of Kangana's new film Judgmentall Hai Kya?. While Ekta has said she would issue an apology that she regretted the argument at an event to launch a song from the film, Kangana Ranaut's sister and manager Rangoli Chandel has rejected the possibility of an apology from the actress.
"We, as a guild, have collectively decided to boycott Ms Ranaut and not give her any media coverage," the delegation of journalists said in a letter to Ekta, adding that the boycott will not affect the film or the rest of the cast, which includes actor Rajkummar Rao. The letter says Kangana will not be given any media coverage until she apologises for accusing journalist Justin Rao of running a 'smear campaign' against her.
Rangoli also posted a tweet which was filled with insults, accusing the media of being anti-national.
I promise you one thing. These sellout, destitute, traitor, libtard mediapersons will not get any apology from Kangana. But she will set you straight...just wait and watch, you’ve asked the wrong person to apologise. - Rangoli Chandel, Kangana's manager
At the event, Kangana accused Justin as he began asking her a question, accusing him of ridiculing her film Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi.. He denied having done that and said she 'cannot intimidate a journalist.' Video footage of the argument went viral.
Kangana’s behaviour towards the journalist has been condemned with some people on social media asking the media to “boycott” her. “Sick mindset. If this doesn’t deserve an apology now, then Bollywood media should boycott Kangana,” a user tweeted. “See this unruly behaviour of Kangana Ranaut clearly misusing her position to intimidate and falsely accuse the journalist,” wrote another user.
Judgementall Hai Kya is scheduled to be released on 26 July.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Karnataka trust vote adjourned to Monday
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Adults with Autism
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News