Chennai Book Fair has a stall dedicated to books in Braille
The Chennai Book Fair, which starts today, promises to be a more exciting and inclusive one this year.
Among the many attractions is a stall with books in braille.
There are over 700 stalls, with one dedicated to people with impaired vision. The Madurai-based Indian Institute for the Blind, which is one of the biggest braille printers in Tamil Nadu, is exhibiting the books.
The demand for braille books is going up but the supply is limited mostly to libraries, so the stall will help people with vision disabilities get access to more books.
A wide variety of books in audio format are also available. The book fair is on until 13 June at the Island Grounds in Anna Salai, Chennai.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News