Blind judo champions to be felicitated by government
June 1, 2016
The Indian Blind Judo Team which recently won four gold medals and one bronze medal at the Commonwealth Judo Championships in South Africa will be honoured at a special ceremony in Delhi today.
The gold was won by Kuldeep from Uttar Pradesh, Jaydeep Kumar Hridaya Singh from Maharashtra, and Ravi Vijayashanthi and Mani Susheela, both from Tamil Nadu. The bronze was won by J Manoharan from Tamil Nadu as well.
Some of the other participating countries were England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Estonia, to name a few.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News