Blind judo champions to be felicitated by government
June 1, 2016
The Indian Blind Judo Team which recently won four gold medals and one bronze medal at the Commonwealth Judo Championships in South Africa will be honoured at a special ceremony in Delhi today.
The gold was won by Kuldeep from Uttar Pradesh, Jaydeep Kumar Hridaya Singh from Maharashtra, and Ravi Vijayashanthi and Mani Susheela, both from Tamil Nadu. The bronze was won by J Manoharan from Tamil Nadu as well.
Some of the other participating countries were England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Estonia, to name a few.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News