Institute in Qatar launches custom keyboard in Braille
June 6, 2016
The Qatar Computing Research Institute has made a custom keyboard in Braille for Apple's operating system, which allows people with vision disabilities to type with one hand.
It is effective for both English and Arabic speaking users. The BrailleEasy Keyboard enables touch-screen users to type faster, a slow and difficult process otherwise.p>BraillEasy-Tutor, a separate application allows learning Braille typing skill faster.BrailleEasy and its tutoring version are able to run on iOS 8 and above.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News