Qatar launches app to increase accessibility for disabled people
An app called Accessible Qatar has been developed in Qatar to let people with disabilities know about the accessibility of places around the country.
The app provides detailed information to tourists and the disabled community to know more about the layout of a place and also update and leave their reviews.
The aim is to create more accessible places for people with disabilities so that they can go to places confidently knowing what places are disabled friendly.
Qatar also wants to promote international tourism by paying attention to the needs of people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019