Madhavi Latha helps people with disabilities discover the love for sports
For persons with disabilities, there is little support available when it comes to playing a sport. This is why Madhavi Latha is so remarkable.
Latha fought polio with the help of physiotherapy and even went against her family’s wishes by undergoing hydrotherapy, which are exercises done under water, when she discovered her love for swimming.
She decided to motivate children with disabilities to play sports through her movement called “Yes We Too Can”. She has set up the Tamil Nadu Paralympics Swimming Association.
She also started the Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India which helps NGOs and people with disabilities spread a love for sports. Her goal is to set up a team from India for the Wheelchair Basketball Championship of the 2020 Paralympics at Tokyo.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019