New life skills centre for children with autism in Mumbai
June 8, 2016
A life-skills centre for children with autism has opened in Powai in Mumbai. Called Together Life Skills Centre, it has been started by Sangeetha and V Chakrapani, who got the idea when their two of their children wanted to know what their siblings, who have autism, would do in the future.
They decided to start a programme to help children with autism get ready for independent living.
The centre will offer training in kitchen management, self-care and care of the environment and vocational training, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News