Clothing line that caters to the needs of children with disabilities
Mindy Scheier, a US-based fashion designer, has a clothing company called Runway of Dreams that designs clothes for children with disabilities.
The idea came to Mindy from her son Oliver, who has a rare form of muscular dystrophy. She says that when her son started caring about what to wear, she realized how mainstream garments that were sold were not suited to the needs of people with disabilities.
Runway of Dreams uses technology to adapt mainstream clothing for differently abled bodies. It ensures maximum accessibility by making clothes that are fully adjustable and can be taken off and worn in many ways.
The company will soon launch its first major brand collaboration with major international fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News