Clothing line that caters to the needs of children with disabilities
June 10, 2016
Mindy Scheier, a US-based fashion designer, has a clothing company called Runway of Dreams that designs clothes for children with disabilities.
The idea came to Mindy from her son Oliver, who has a rare form of muscular dystrophy. She says that when her son started caring about what to wear, she realized how mainstream garments that were sold were not suited to the needs of people with disabilities.
Runway of Dreams uses technology to adapt mainstream clothing for differently abled bodies. It ensures maximum accessibility by making clothes that are fully adjustable and can be taken off and worn in many ways.
The company will soon launch its first major brand collaboration with major international fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News