Telangana to host first national-level wheelchair basketball camp
June 12, 2016
From 22 June, Telangana will host a national-level Wheelchair Basketball camp. There will be four foreign coaches to train persons with disabilities in the game.
India is the first country selected by the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation to implement the project which hopes to provide an active platform to people with disabilities to showcase their potential and moving closer towards social inclusion.
The first-ever international wheelchair basketball match in the country will also be played between India and Thailand teams on 26 June.
The technical camp is in partnership with two global disability sports organisations, including the IWBF and the International Paralympic Committee's AGITOS Foundation, which promotes sports for persons with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News