Telangana to host first national-level wheelchair basketball camp
From 22 June, Telangana will host a national-level Wheelchair Basketball camp. There will be four foreign coaches to train persons with disabilities in the game.
India is the first country selected by the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation to implement the project which hopes to provide an active platform to people with disabilities to showcase their potential and moving closer towards social inclusion.
The first-ever international wheelchair basketball match in the country will also be played between India and Thailand teams on 26 June.
The technical camp is in partnership with two global disability sports organisations, including the IWBF and the International Paralympic Committee’s AGITOS Foundation, which promotes sports for persons with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News