UK parents create app to help families with autistic relatives
June 21, 2016
Jenn and Brad Ratcliffe, a UK based couple, have designed an app aimed at helping families with autistic members. The Ratcliffes, who are parents to two children on the autism spectrum, wanted to help others who are coping with the challenges of living with autism.
Called First and Then, the app works via simple instructions and has been downloaded by people from all over the world.
It works by replacing visual supports such as laminated picture cards that are designed to show children what is coming next. All parents' need with this is a phone, tablet or device, and they can give children a simple instruction with pictures and words explaining what comes 'first' and what will follow.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News