A toy companion for children with autism in development stages
June 14, 2016
Leka, a ballshaped, face-changing toy is in development which can act as a companion for kids with autism.
The toy has a face that changes expression, and it uses light and sound to interact with users through various games that increase the motor and cognitive skills of an individual.
Leka can sense and respond to a child's participation in a game and sends out positive feedback like showing a smiling face, which in turn helps boost confidence.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News