Railways' relaxes travel rules for persons with disabilities
June 14, 2016
Rules for traveling by train for those who have physical disabilities have been revised by the Railways' Ministry.
So far, it was compulsory for them to travel with an escort. If found alone, they were treated as traveling ticketless and were fined.
This rule has now been relaxed by the ministry, meaning these people can travel alone from now. The necessary instructions have been sent to the commercial staff of the Konkan Railway.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News