Railways' relaxes travel rules for persons with disabilities
June 14, 2016
Rules for traveling by train for those who have physical disabilities have been revised by the Railways' Ministry.
So far, it was compulsory for them to travel with an escort. If found alone, they were treated as traveling ticketless and were fined.
This rule has now been relaxed by the ministry, meaning these people can travel alone from now. The necessary instructions have been sent to the commercial staff of the Konkan Railway.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News