Railways' relaxes travel rules for persons with disabilities
Rules for traveling by train for those who have physical disabilities have been revised by the Railways' Ministry.
So far, it was compulsory for them to travel with an escort. If found alone, they were treated as traveling ticketless and were fined.
This rule has now been relaxed by the ministry, meaning these people can travel alone from now. The necessary instructions have been sent to the commercial staff of the Konkan Railway.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News