Tommy Hilfiger says fashion brand was inspired by his dyslexia
International fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger says he was inspired by his dyslexia to build his fashion brand.
Hilfiger, who launched his fashion range in 1985, said that his difficulty to read well while in school led him to start his luxury fashion house at the age of 17.
He said that his feeling that he would never succeed motivated him to think of what else he could do.
The fashion legend started off by running his first shop from the boot of his car.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News