West Bengal govt starts drive for children with disabilities
June 16, 2016
The West Bengal government has asked all schools in the state to make arrangements for the benefit of students with disabilities studying in schools with other students.
Several new inclusions has been made in terms of language paper selection and seating arrangements to encourage children with disabilities to attend schools with other students.
These students will also be given certain exemptions in answering papers in science and geography subjects that usually require drawing. Instead the questions will be descriptive in nature.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News