Bengaluru's Chinnaswamy stadium becomes disabled friendly
June 16, 2016
Chinnaswamy cricket stadium in Bengaluru has come up with a special provision for fans with disabilities and the elderly.
Now they can easily access the stands with an electronically operated chair that has been set up at the entrance of Gate number One.
The chair looks like a ramp and will help fans reach the entry point directly. All he or she has to do is sit on the chair after which the assistant will push a button that will get him to the entrance in less than a minute.
The chair will be a huge relief given the large crowds at the gates before any match.There are plans to install such ramps in other stands of the Chinnaswamy as well.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News