Bengaluru's Chinnaswamy stadium becomes disabled friendly
June 16, 2016
Chinnaswamy cricket stadium in Bengaluru has come up with a special provision for fans with disabilities and the elderly.
Now they can easily access the stands with an electronically operated chair that has been set up at the entrance of Gate number One.
The chair looks like a ramp and will help fans reach the entry point directly. All he or she has to do is sit on the chair after which the assistant will push a button that will get him to the entrance in less than a minute.
The chair will be a huge relief given the large crowds at the gates before any match.There are plans to install such ramps in other stands of the Chinnaswamy as well.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News