Next generation motorised wheelchair to be launched
June 17, 2016
iBOT, the motorised wheelchair that was discontinued in 2009, will be released again in a more advanced form.
Toyota Motors, North America, is rebuilding the wheelchair that allows people with disabilities to walk up and down the stairs.
iBOT also helps users to elevate themselves to about six feet to hold eye-to-eye conversations. It can also travel through a wide variety of terrain.
Although the new iBOT's features are not known, it will definitely be more advanced than the previous version.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News