Railways announces fare concessions for persons with disabilities
June 18, 2016
The Indian Railways has announced ticket for persons with disabilities travelling alone. Currently, concession tickets are issued only if accompanied by an escort.
Now, people with vision impairments travelling alone or with escort will get 75% concession in second, sleeper first, AC chair car and AC 3 tier, 50% in first class and AC 2-tier and 25% in AC 3 tier and AC chair car of Rajdhani or Shatabdi trains.
The concessions will apply to orthopedically handicapped, paraplegic and people with mental disabilities as well.
People with hearing impairments travelling alone or with an escort will get 50% concession in second, sleeper and first class.
Persons with disabilities will also get 50% concession in monthly and quarterly season tickets.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News