Railways announces fare concessions for persons with disabilities
June 18, 2016
The Indian Railways has announced ticket for persons with disabilities travelling alone. Currently, concession tickets are issued only if accompanied by an escort.
Now, people with vision impairments travelling alone or with escort will get 75% concession in second, sleeper first, AC chair car and AC 3 tier, 50% in first class and AC 2-tier and 25% in AC 3 tier and AC chair car of Rajdhani or Shatabdi trains.
The concessions will apply to orthopedically handicapped, paraplegic and people with mental disabilities as well.
People with hearing impairments travelling alone or with an escort will get 50% concession in second, sleeper and first class.
Persons with disabilities will also get 50% concession in monthly and quarterly season tickets.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News