Sisters with disabilities create comics that show lives of people like them
Sisters Jessica and Lianna Oddi, have put their thoughts on what people with disabilities go through in the form of drawings. The lack of comics on people with disabilities led them to create ‘The Disabled Life’ blog.
Both sisters are wheelchair-bound and have an undiagnosed genetic disorder. Their drawings show how they went through 20 years of their lives with a disability. They also give a meaningful written description to each illustration for those with visual impairments.
The sisters, who are based in Canada, have reached out to many people around the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019