Sisters with disabilities create comics that show lives of people like them
June 19, 2016
Sisters Jessica and Lianna Oddi, have put their thoughts on what people with disabilities go through in the form of drawings. The lack of comics on people with disabilities led them to create 'The Disabled Life' blog.
Both sisters are wheelchair-bound and have an undiagnosed genetic disorder. Their drawings show how they went through 20 years of their lives with a disability. They also give a meaningful written description to each illustration for those with visual impairments.
The sisters, who are based in Canada, have reached out to many people around the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News