Sisters with disabilities create comics that show lives of people like them
June 19, 2016
Sisters Jessica and Lianna Oddi, have put their thoughts on what people with disabilities go through in the form of drawings. The lack of comics on people with disabilities led them to create 'The Disabled Life' blog.
Both sisters are wheelchair-bound and have an undiagnosed genetic disorder. Their drawings show how they went through 20 years of their lives with a disability. They also give a meaningful written description to each illustration for those with visual impairments.
The sisters, who are based in Canada, have reached out to many people around the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News