Bihar siblings fight disabilities, poverty to meet IIT dream
June 19, 2016
The story of two siblings, Krishan and Basant, one of whom has polio, is an inspiring one. They overcame both disability and poverty to get through the IIT entrance exam this year.
Basant used to take his brother to school on his shoulder and later to a coaching institute in Kota. Krishan has secured the 38th All India position in the IIT- JEE under the OBC, disabled category this year, while Basant has got 3675th rank in the OBC quota.
The only thing that saddens the two is the thought of studying engineering in different colleges. Krishan now wants to complete his Computer Science degree and Basant is aspiring for IAS.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News