Bihar siblings fight disabilities, poverty to meet IIT dream
June 19, 2016
The story of two siblings, Krishan and Basant, one of whom has polio, is an inspiring one. They overcame both disability and poverty to get through the IIT entrance exam this year.
Basant used to take his brother to school on his shoulder and later to a coaching institute in Kota. Krishan has secured the 38th All India position in the IIT- JEE under the OBC, disabled category this year, while Basant has got 3675th rank in the OBC quota.
The only thing that saddens the two is the thought of studying engineering in different colleges. Krishan now wants to complete his Computer Science degree and Basant is aspiring for IAS.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News