Bihar siblings fight disabilities, poverty to meet IIT dream
The story of two siblings, Krishan and Basant, one of whom has polio, is an inspiring one. They overcame both disability and poverty to get through the IIT entrance exam this year.
Basant used to take his brother to school on his shoulder and later to a coaching institute in Kota. Krishan has secured the 38th All India position in the IIT- JEE under the OBC, disabled category this year, while Basant has got 3675th rank in the OBC quota.
The only thing that saddens the two is the thought of studying engineering in different colleges. Krishan now wants to complete his Computer Science degree and Basant is aspiring for IAS.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News