Superheroes with disabilities save the world in upcoming comic book
June 20, 2016
In his free time, Dan White, a comic artist in the United States, used to work on drawings based on characters inspired by his daughter Emily who was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair.
He is now about to launch his own comic book, The Department of Ability, based on a team of superheroes with disabilities. The team is lead by a character called Emily who is in a flying wheelchair.
The book has got the attention and support of Stan Lee, creator of a number of Marvel superheroes including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Hulk, and The X-men.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News