Superheroes with disabilities save the world in upcoming comic book
June 20, 2016
In his free time, Dan White, a comic artist in the United States, used to work on drawings based on characters inspired by his daughter Emily who was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair.
He is now about to launch his own comic book, The Department of Ability, based on a team of superheroes with disabilities. The team is lead by a character called Emily who is in a flying wheelchair.
The book has got the attention and support of Stan Lee, creator of a number of Marvel superheroes including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Hulk, and The X-men.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News