Wheelchair Basketball gaining much interest in India
June 20, 2016
The Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India, alongwith NGOs, government and sponsors has roped in more than 350 players across the country.
The game empowers people with disabilities, who otherwise have few sporting disciplines that give them identity. Players not only find an improvement in fitness but also become more independent and social while learning and playing this team-sport.
A first-of-its-kind national camp for Wheelchair Basketball is about to begin in Hyderabad this week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News