Wheelchair Basketball gaining much interest in India
June 20, 2016
The Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India, alongwith NGOs, government and sponsors has roped in more than 350 players across the country.
The game empowers people with disabilities, who otherwise have few sporting disciplines that give them identity. Players not only find an improvement in fitness but also become more independent and social while learning and playing this team-sport.
A first-of-its-kind national camp for Wheelchair Basketball is about to begin in Hyderabad this week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News