New wheelchair app on Apple
June 21, 2016
Apple have announced a free software update for WatchOS that has an app that is dedicated to wheelchair users.
This app will tell the users that it's "time to roll" instead of "time to stand". The app also contains two workouts and rings optimized for wheelchair pushes.
Apple worked with the Challenged Athletes Foundation and the Lakeshore Foundation to do research for this app.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News