Chennai centre promotes yoga for persons with disabilities
A yoga centre in Chennai is trying to promote the practice of yoga among people with disabilities and learning disorders.
Called The Practice Room, the center, in association with One Step at a Time, an organisation working with people with disabilities, has started classes specifically for persons with physical disabilities which will later be integrated with classes for everyone.
The poses are modified for people who don't have a leg or an arm. Like Tadasana, the mountain pose that is done standing is done seated on a chair with the focus on building strength in the bones that are used while sitting. The asanas focus on building strength.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News