Chennai centre promotes yoga for persons with disabilities
June 21, 2016
A yoga centre in Chennai is trying to promote the practice of yoga among people with disabilities and learning disorders.
Called The Practice Room, the center, in association with One Step at a Time, an organisation working with people with disabilities, has started classes specifically for persons with physical disabilities which will later be integrated with classes for everyone.
The poses are modified for people who don't have a leg or an arm. Like Tadasana, the mountain pose that is done standing is done seated on a chair with the focus on building strength in the bones that are used while sitting. The asanas focus on building strength.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Bollywood star Akshay Kumar interviews PM Modi
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 Demand rises for portrayal of autism in Indian movies with sensitization
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News