Chennai centre promotes yoga for persons with disabilities
June 21, 2016
A yoga centre in Chennai is trying to promote the practice of yoga among people with disabilities and learning disorders.
Called The Practice Room, the center, in association with One Step at a Time, an organisation working with people with disabilities, has started classes specifically for persons with physical disabilities which will later be integrated with classes for everyone.
The poses are modified for people who don't have a leg or an arm. Like Tadasana, the mountain pose that is done standing is done seated on a chair with the focus on building strength in the bones that are used while sitting. The asanas focus on building strength.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News