Uttarakhand to get India's first commission for protecting rights of people with disabilities
June 22, 2016
Uttarakhand is India's first state to form a commission for the protection of the rights of persons with disabilities.
The cabinet accepted a proposal put forward by over 30,000 people with disabilities who went on strike from 19 June asking for a commission
They also demanded increasing the monthly pension and vocational education to students of disabilities.
Activists say the move is a much needed one and should be adopted by all states in India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News