Tech enables artist with disabilities draw with his eyes
EyeWriter is a low-cost, eye tracking software that enables patients of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis to draw with their eyes.
Members of Free Art and Technology (FAT), OpenFrameworks, the Graffiti Research Lab, and The Ebeling Group communities teamed up with a legendary Los Angeles based graffiti writer, publisher and activist, called TemptOne who was diagnosed with ALS to create this. TemptOne was left almost completely physically paralyzed, except for his eyes.
Their long-term goal is to create a social network of software developers, hackers, artists and ALS patients from around the world who are use local materials and open source research to creatively connect and make eye art.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019