Tech enables artist with disabilities draw with his eyes
June 22, 2016
EyeWriter is a low-cost, eye tracking software that enables patients of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis to draw with their eyes.
Members of Free Art and Technology (FAT), OpenFrameworks, the Graffiti Research Lab, and The Ebeling Group communities teamed up with a legendary Los Angeles based graffiti writer, publisher and activist, called TemptOne who was diagnosed with ALS to create this. TemptOne was left almost completely physically paralyzed, except for his eyes.
Their long-term goal is to create a social network of software developers, hackers, artists and ALS patients from around the world who are use local materials and open source research to creatively connect and make eye art.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News