Tech enables artist with disabilities draw with his eyes
June 22, 2016
EyeWriter is a low-cost, eye tracking software that enables patients of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis to draw with their eyes.
Members of Free Art and Technology (FAT), OpenFrameworks, the Graffiti Research Lab, and The Ebeling Group communities teamed up with a legendary Los Angeles based graffiti writer, publisher and activist, called TemptOne who was diagnosed with ALS to create this. TemptOne was left almost completely physically paralyzed, except for his eyes.
Their long-term goal is to create a social network of software developers, hackers, artists and ALS patients from around the world who are use local materials and open source research to creatively connect and make eye art.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News