Video platform that helps people with disabilities earn money
June 22, 2016
The video streams include broadcasts of people playing video games live.
Many of those playing the games are people with disabilities who are unable to work a regular job but are able to earn through Twitch.
DHHGamers, which stands for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Gamers, is a Twitch community for hearing-impaired gamers who stream and play a variety of online games.
Amazon bought Twitch for US$970m in 2014.
Videos on Twitch are not saved permanently like Youtube. The streamers make money from the donations that viewers make after watching the video streams.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News