Video platform that helps people with disabilities earn money
June 22, 2016
The video streams include broadcasts of people playing video games live.
Many of those playing the games are people with disabilities who are unable to work a regular job but are able to earn through Twitch.
DHHGamers, which stands for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Gamers, is a Twitch community for hearing-impaired gamers who stream and play a variety of online games.
Amazon bought Twitch for US$970m in 2014.
Videos on Twitch are not saved permanently like Youtube. The streamers make money from the donations that viewers make after watching the video streams.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News