Jeans that adapt to needs of wheelchair-users
June 23, 2016
Alter Ur Ego is a brand of jeans that has been designed especially for people using a wheelchair. The designer is US-based Heidi McKenzie, who became a paraplegic after a car accident in 2007 at the age of 21.
Heidi was always interested in fashion and had studied fashion merchandising to become a buyer for a clothing store.
She created the adaptive jeans line and currently sells jeans for men and women with different options like high elastic waist, large pockets, pull tabs, a catheter opening and a tummy control panel.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News