Chandigarh to give grant to ex-servicemen with disabilities
June 22, 2016
Former defence soldiers who suffer from 100% disabilities will be given a rehabilitation grant of Rs five lakhs each by the Chandigarh government. This is an initiative in collaboration with the Infosys Foundation.
Soldiers from Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh who suffered the disability between April 2014, to March 2016, are eligible.
The aim is to enable them to start small ventures such as shops, repair units, computer centers and transportation vans for generating a regular source of income, apart from their pensions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News