A hug machine for people with autism
Mary Temple Grandin, who has autism and speaks up for people with autism spectrum disorders, has invented a hug machine that is being sold under the name OrbisBox. The machine apparently calms people who are hypersensitive by gently exerting even pressure along their bodies.
Users start by lying down on their back or on their sides. Foam covered side panels slowly move in and press against them from the sides.
The amount of pressure can be adjusted and users can get out at any point they want. The soothing effect can be improved with colored LED lighting and music through built-in speakers.
The machine is recommended not only for autistics, but for anyone suffering from stress. An OrbisBox of your own comes for US$35,000.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019