Aum gives voice to the voiceless
June 24, 2016
A cancer specialist in Bengaluru has created a device called Aum, which can give voice to patients with throat cancer.
Around 5,000 people in India suffer from stage-IV throat cancer each year, which damages their voice boxes. Using his love for bikes as inspiration, the doctor came up with a voice prosthesis that is cheaper than the ones available in the market and can be fitted in the throat in less than 15 minutes.
Aum is available in the market for just Rs 50.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
April 22, 2019
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News