Aum gives voice to the voiceless
June 24, 2016
A cancer specialist in Bengaluru has created a device called Aum, which can give voice to patients with throat cancer.
Around 5,000 people in India suffer from stage-IV throat cancer each year, which damages their voice boxes. Using his love for bikes as inspiration, the doctor came up with a voice prosthesis that is cheaper than the ones available in the market and can be fitted in the throat in less than 15 minutes.
Aum is available in the market for just Rs 50.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News