Books for children with dyslexia are a big hit
June 25, 2016
Children with dyslexia are often reluctant to read books but a UK-based mother has come up with a solution.
Liz Pichon, who is a mother to three kids, has published her tenth book about the adventures of a schoolboy Tom Gates. Her books, which have brightly coloured covers, creative illustrations and different fonts, have become a big hit among kids with dyslexia and reluctant readers.
Pichon has dyslexia herself and found out that her eldest son had the same condition. Her books have reached millions of children. The next book in the Tom Gates series will be published in October 2016.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News