Girl with severe disability becomes YouTube star
June 25, 2016
Lili Lo, a 20-year-old girl from Kazan in Russia, suffers from McCune-Albright syndrome that affects the bones, skin, and hormone-producing tissues leading to an uneven growth of the face.
With over 100,000 subscribers to her video blog, she inspires viewers with her skills as a make-up artist.
Lili is passionate about make up and decided to start her video blog two years ago. One of her videos was reposted with an offensive comment resulting in more people visiting her YouTube page.
Since then her posts on YouTube have been watched nearly seven million times with users posting words of hope and gratitude.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News