App that makes smartphones accessible to the deaf & blind
A new app has been launched in Australia that makes any iPad or iPhone into an accessible phone for people who are deaf and blind or have low vision.
Called OpenAccess Captions, the app directly connects callers via a live captioner so that phone conversations can be read as they happen.
It has been developed by Conexu Foundation, a non-profit organisation that creates and promotes technology to give people who are deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired more communication choices.
The app can also connect through Bluetooth to a braille display so the captions can be read by people who are deaf and blind.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News