Student volunteers from the UK raised Rs 7.92 lakh for deaf school in Bengaluru
June 25, 2016
Sixteen members of an undergraduate student group from De Montfort University, United Kingdom have raised 8,000 pounds, approximately Rs 7.92 lakh, for the Sheila Kothavala Institute for the Deaf in Bengaluru.
They were in India for a two week stay. The fund was raised through JustGiving online forum. During their stay they also painted and decorated the assembly hall of the school. The volunteers explored the city and went back on Friday.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News