Student volunteers from the UK raised Rs 7.92 lakh for deaf school in Bengaluru
Sixteen members of an undergraduate student group from De Montfort University, United Kingdom have raised 8,000 pounds, approximately Rs 7.92 lakh, for the Sheila Kothavala Institute for the Deaf in Bengaluru.
They were in India for a two week stay. The fund was raised through JustGiving online forum. During their stay they also painted and decorated the assembly hall of the school. The volunteers explored the city and went back on Friday.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019