Student volunteers from the UK raised Rs 7.92 lakh for deaf school in Bengaluru
June 25, 2016
Sixteen members of an undergraduate student group from De Montfort University, United Kingdom have raised 8,000 pounds, approximately Rs 7.92 lakh, for the Sheila Kothavala Institute for the Deaf in Bengaluru.
They were in India for a two week stay. The fund was raised through JustGiving online forum. During their stay they also painted and decorated the assembly hall of the school. The volunteers explored the city and went back on Friday.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News