New machine that helps hearing impaired hear by touch
June 26, 2016
Called VEST, which stands for Vibrotactile Extra-Sensory Transducer , it allows people to 'feel' the sounds around them through their skin.
They can hear through their sense of touch.
The machine communicates the sound as vibrations on the skin which are interpreted by the brain as sound.
The device can be worn as a vest that can turn audible sounds received from smartphones into tiny vibrations on the skin that the brain interprets as sound.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News