New machine that helps hearing impaired hear by touch
Called VEST, which stands for Vibrotactile Extra-Sensory Transducer , it allows people to ‘feel’ the sounds around them through their skin.
They can hear through their sense of touch.
The machine communicates the sound as vibrations on the skin which are interpreted by the brain as sound.
The device can be worn as a vest that can turn audible sounds received from smartphones into tiny vibrations on the skin that the brain interprets as sound.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019