New machine that helps hearing impaired hear by touch
June 26, 2016
Called VEST, which stands for Vibrotactile Extra-Sensory Transducer , it allows people to 'feel' the sounds around them through their skin.
They can hear through their sense of touch.
The machine communicates the sound as vibrations on the skin which are interpreted by the brain as sound.
The device can be worn as a vest that can turn audible sounds received from smartphones into tiny vibrations on the skin that the brain interprets as sound.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News