New method of teaching English to the deaf
To promote literacy among the hearing impaired, a conference in Vadodara in Gujarat was held to replicate the teaching method used during a research by English literacy experts in the United Kingdom to assess the impact of English reading and writing skills on young deaf persons.
The conference discussed a virtual learning platform called SLEND - Sign Language to English by the Deaf, which was used for learning materials as well as checking for how participants who were using it were progressing.
By learning English, the deaf have a higher chance of getting jobs and becoming independent.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019