New method of teaching English to the deaf
June 27, 2016
To promote literacy among the hearing impaired, a conference in Vadodara in Gujarat was held to replicate the teaching method used during a research by English literacy experts in the United Kingdom to assess the impact of English reading and writing skills on young deaf persons.
The conference discussed a virtual learning platform called SLEND - Sign Language to English by the Deaf, which was used for learning materials as well as checking for how participants who were using it were progressing.
By learning English, the deaf have a higher chance of getting jobs and becoming independent.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News