New method of teaching English to the deaf
June 27, 2016
To promote literacy among the hearing impaired, a conference in Vadodara in Gujarat was held to replicate the teaching method used during a research by English literacy experts in the United Kingdom to assess the impact of English reading and writing skills on young deaf persons.
The conference discussed a virtual learning platform called SLEND - Sign Language to English by the Deaf, which was used for learning materials as well as checking for how participants who were using it were progressing.
By learning English, the deaf have a higher chance of getting jobs and becoming independent.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 25, 2019 #TechThursdays - Gurugram students design walking stick & self help shoes for visually impaired people
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 26, 2019 BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News