Free sewing machines given to the visually challenged in Tamil Nadu
June 29, 2016
The Differently Abled Welfare Department of the Tamil Nadu government has been giving sewing machines to persons with orthopedic and hearing impairment. Now these will also be given to those who are visually challenged, for free.
Visually challenged persons, between the ages of 18 to 45 years, with training in tailoring can apply for the motor-fitted sewing machines.
The application with required proofs and documents needs to be submitted to the District Differently Abled Welfare Office in Anna Salai, Vellore.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News