Free sewing machines given to the visually challenged in Tamil Nadu
The Differently Abled Welfare Department of the Tamil Nadu government has been giving sewing machines to persons with orthopedic and hearing impairment. Now these will also be given to those who are visually challenged, for free.
Visually challenged persons, between the ages of 18 to 45 years, with training in tailoring can apply for the motor-fitted sewing machines.
The application with required proofs and documents needs to be submitted to the District Differently Abled Welfare Office in Anna Salai, Vellore.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News