Girl born without right hand becomes a Disney princess
June 28, 2016
Nine-year-old Karissa, who was born without a right hand and most of her wrist, has been gifted with a prosthetic arm on the theme of Disney hit Frozen.
The arm was put together by the Siena e-NABLE group in the United States.
The group used a 3-D printer to put together the arm for Karissa, who loves Frozen. The new prosthetic is light in weight and does not needshoulder movements for control.
Anyone who is in need of an arm or hand can contact the organization, Siena e-NABLE.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News